How it works:
Each fortnight we will present a data challenge to be solved. These challenges will be a mix of Excel, Power BI, Tableau and SQL and are designed to increase your proficiency in skills across the data pathway. We encourage everyone on the Data Pathway to take a crack and challenge yourself!
Challenge #3 - Spotify Tracks
You are assigned to a team of Data Analysts reviewing musical data over the last 100 years.
Your task is to provide insights about musical trends by Popularity, Energy and Tempo.
- Who is the most popular Artist of all time?
- What is the most popular song of all time?
- Who is the most popular Artist in the last 10 years?
- What is the most popular Song in the last 10 years?
(Tip - Use 'Popularity' metric)
- Create a line graph indicating tempo over all years (1921-2020) - Has it changed?
- Create a line graph indicating energy over all years - Has it changed?
- Create a line graph indicating popularity over all years - What does this indicate about the Spotify platform/ music in general? Has popularity increased in music?
- Create a line graph comparing Tempo by Energy over all years
- Choose an artist of your choice and create 3 interactive visuals
- Highlighting their Energy/ Popularity of their tracks
- Their top track - by Tempo, Danceability, Popularity, etc
- Their longest song recorded
- Their popularity compared to other artists in the last 5 years
Use the Dataset below